Wednesday, October 20, 2010

At the Table: Japanese, other then sushi

Living in the South bay, there is more to Japanese food then sushi. Some of which I have thoroughly enjoyed.
My sister took me to Ichimann on PCH one night

I had the zaru soba with tempura


She was in the mood for the soba noodles and soup with tempura. I must say, the broth is a bit salty but very tasty with the chewy noodles.

Another favorite of mine in the South Bay is Musha Restaurant.


MFC, or musha fried chicken


Ebi mayo


Cheese risotto

Mixed and served out of a gorgeous block of parmesan. Did I tell you I love cheese?


I forgot the name of this dish, it might be the itame somen.

Looks tasty though

I believe this is the takotama


And of course, dessert. Chocolate lava with vanilla ice cream. Although another time I went there, we tried out the sesame dessert, which is what I would recommend. And the kakuni, slow broiled pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment