Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello all!

My very first blog... I never knew choosing a name would be so difficult. But then again, I am the neurotic type who frets and worries about the simplest things. Although this behavior has made me to what I consider a decent amateur baker. My obsession with sugar began early in life when my mother would make for all her children 'American' desserts using ready mixes. Over the last several years as my taste buds have grown more complex, I find myself evolving in the field of baking; seeking to learn more complex techniques with those willing to share in books and online. To be honest, once I find a delicious recipe, it will be haunt me until I am able to execute it. Akin to having an itch on your back that is out of reach, following you everywhere, day and night, pursuing you even in your dreams, until you must give in and bake.

I started this blog to chronicle my adventures in baking and my everlasting struggle between sugar and my waistline. For everyone who knows me, knows I can never turn down a baked treat. Will I be able to create these delectable treats and re-create a healthier version? Some times you just can't mess with a classic. So this will be a show of successes and failures in my future endeavor.

And being a major foodie who's lucky enough to be living in sunny California also helps ;)

Hope you will enjoy the journey with me and perhaps find some inspiration of your own. I know I will.


To finding Madeleines!

- Rose Bud

1 comment:

  1. <3
    i hope i find some easy-to-make dessert recipes!!
    especially when i have no oven :(

    ReplyDelete