Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sprinkles on a boy's birthday

I have been making cupcakes for years. Sure it started with ready mixes in middle school, but it has always been my motto that they are the perfect cake substitute for the individual. When the cupcake phenomenon hit, I was a bit reluctant. I finally gave in and went to Sprinkle's.

So sweet, so rich and so good. Naturally I tried the red velvet and loved their frosting. Other flavors I enjoyed were the black and white, vanilla, raspberry and pumpkin. I know, I totally pigged out on my trek there. I was like a kid in a candy store...well, cupcake store. Or is it cupcakery?




Gave me the itch so the following week, I made devil's chocolate cupcakes with a creamy chocolate frosting. But I went even further and added blue colored vanilla frosting and decorated a la Sprinkles. Oh, I found them at Michael's. Adorable, right?

Did I mention it was also the weekend of Sesame Street's anniversary? It was also RS and JM's birthdays. I saw a posting the week before where a lady made Cookie Monster cupcakes to celebrate her son's first birthday. She used a grass tip for the faux fur but lacking the necessary equipment, I think my way works just as well.



Ahh, attack of the cookie monsters! Hee, they can attack me any day.



Famous Amos chocolate chips were the perfect size. And what guy wouldn't want to see this mug on his birthday? Ahh, it really takes me back.



Happy birthday RS and JM and happy 40th anniversary Sesame Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment