Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cute as a...

One of my favorite movies growing up is Nightmare before Christmas. I don't totally understand my fascination with the story but even as a youth I appreciated the grueling work put into stop motion animation. And I delight in Jack Skellington. He's just so cool. There's no other way to put it.

Needless to say when Coraline came out, I watched it. Stop motion technology has advanced and the cinematography was truly amazing. Nerd that I am, I read and watch a behind the scenes about Coraline. And even though I enjoyed the movie, it was missing that ineffable something. Or, gasp, maybe I'm just getting too old?!

Well, this old fart saw a picture of some button shaped sugar cookies. So armed with some cinnamon sugar dough, a bottle cap and straws, here's what I made



BUTTONS!

Press and shape the cookies when they just came out of the oven. 


Mmm, the cinnamon smell is tantalizing



So come to think about it, what kind of children's story is this when it involves the Other Mother wanting Coraline to forsake her eyes for buttons so that she may stay in the enchanted world? Kind of freaky for kids, but funny too.



And of course chocolate dipped buttons. They make everything taste even better.



Haha, buttons in a gift box. Just like the Other Mother. I feel deliciously evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment