Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Royal Christmas

It's Christmas time again and the Company shuts down for a week and a half. I filled my newfound few time doing last minute gift shopping and thought I'd learn a new technique to add to my repertoire. And I gotta say, royal icing rocks!




Just some simple sugar cookie dough, powdered sugar, meringue powder, food coloring and a sharp knife with a little imagination and I have presents for everyone.


Stiff royal icing to outline and a thin consistency to 'flood' the cookie with color. 
Chocolate to decorate and draw bows.



Gotta have snowflakes




More presents for everyone. I know the colors are for spring time but it just perks me right up.


I found a daisy cookie cutters set and went wild. The first batch of icing was a bit too stiff. You can see the ridges. Live and learn.


Oh, and you gotta have gingerbread men.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment