Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lemon Strawberry Flowers

I like strawberries and I like lemons, but not necessarily together. Except maybe in lemonades. So I figured its time to experiment and put them together in cupcake form. So for my sister, X's birthday, it was a convenient time to try. 




The rich, creamy smoothness of buttercream. I added in drops of lemon extract to cut the sweetness for these cupcakes. Now to choose a color... 



Fresh out of the oven and the lemon sure smells great!


Pink for strawberries, of course. And I used these new large, round sprinkles I found at Michael's. It creates just a simple drop of color to offset the carnation pink.



X was born at the start of spring and loves all types of flowers.



Don't they look scrumptious?



Some star sprinkles too



And  all in my new cake plate. Happy birthday X!

No comments:

Post a Comment