Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hello Kitty Tea Party

Me-ow! 

How did Hello Kitty become such a lasting phenomenon? I remember her since elementary school. I mean, this simple character created over a billion dollar industry and even has not one, but two official theme parks. Talk about being big. 

Well, like most girls, my sister N is a die hard fan. I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a tattoo of this cat somewhere. So for her 23rd birthday, I wanted to surprise her with an even sweeter version of Hello Kitty.




Don't you just want to lick her?


More kitty cats...and man, they were difficult to make.




So the leftover batter became mini cupcakes. By the way, Hello Kitty's bows are made from inverting two jumbo heart sprinkles and "gluing" them together with some royal icing since I cannot find any bow shaped sprinkles.

Still, you gotta admit they look cute as singles too.



For some reason, I was very into the dome shaped, flat-top look for a while.



Cream cheese frosting, dyed pastel blue and electric yellow.


One of N's favorite colors.



I love seeing them lined up together. Gives me a bountiful sense.



Even better when crowded on my cake stand.



Her birthday was the weekend after "Alice in Wonderland" opened, so I wanted to set up a tea party theme before we head out for the night.



The tres leches cake was from King's and incredibly tasty. I need to learn that recipe next, and convert it to cupcake form. Cookies, gifts, finger sandwiches and of course tea to round out the whole setting.  


Afterward, we headed out to dinner at Sushi Gone Wild, which was surprising decent. The funny part of the night for me was when the owner and sushi chef came out, announced he loved us and wanted to see us again real soon. Aww, we just have that affect on people. Of course he was also downing sake with his regulars all night.


May all your wishes come true. No one deserves them more.

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment