Thursday, September 9, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

I adored Dr. Seuss growing up. The rhymes and pictures were so silly. And I remembered Green Eggs and Ham, because I thought it was the strangest color for those types of food and also because it reminds me of my little brother, CC. He is still the pickiest eater I know.

So when X visited me and said she wanted an interesting breakfast, I dug through our kitchen and came up with this. All in under thirty minutes. It kind of felt like a quickfire challenge, you know, the ones you see on Top Chef. Although I had fun, I must admit this was a semi-success.



Using green food coloring as my only tool, I melted the butter, mixed in the dye and spread it over some potato bread to toast. It came out quite nicely. The eggs were scrambled to mix in the dye. I attempted one as a sunny-side up, but no deal. As for the "ham" portion, we only had corned beef hash. It would not change color at all - FAIL.


I think next time, I would bread the ham with dyed bread powder so it'll look slightly more green?


As for me, I wanted to use my new cookie cutters during breakfast time ;)



See, breakfast time can be creative too. And delicious.



Remember, it's the most important meal of the day. So have fun with your mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment