Wednesday, December 29, 2010

At the Table: Chicken Pot Pie

A BIG fan of FoodNetworks' Best Thing I Ever Ate, so when Giada recommended Wood Spoon's Chicken Pot Pie, I'm there! 

We got a group of comfort food lovers together and made the trek to downtown.


We started with the Mix Plate to sample the coxinha, potato and portuguese croquettes, pastel portuguese and kibe. I enjoyed the croquettes.



How pretty! I love that little detail with the crust, which was super buttery and flaky, my core requirements for pot pies.


Just chicken, roasted corn, hearts of palm and olives - Brazilian style! And the side salad and sauce, oh, the sauce


The damage is done! 


Brazilian flan with strawberries and caramel sauce. Not a big fan of coconut, but wow! 


Overall, Wood Spoon is a bit pricey, but very tasty and different flavors to tease the palate.


No comments:

Post a Comment