Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mascarpone

Mascarpone, yes!!! It was the perfect ingredient I've been searching for. 

Don't get me wrong, I love cream cheese frosting, but I have gotten comments about cream cheese frosting as being a bit too sweet and heavy. 


So I was watching Giada who mentioned that mascarpone was one of her favorite cheeses for dessert. 


With that in  mind, I created a mascarpone and cream cheese whipped frosting. I know, not the most original, but LOVE it. It was much lighter but still with the tang of the cheese. 



This sight makes my heart melt. But not my frosting. 


Stiff baby, and holds wonderfully well.


See?


I love all the lines, and top it off with some toasted pecans.


Gorgeous and ready to be boxed.


Good thing I have cute boxes to match!


I hope Ruthie enjoys them



No comments:

Post a Comment